A Day At Sea

Finalist in the 'Timeless Tales 2011' competition

There was a little girl called Molly, and she was going boating with her father.

Molly loved to put on her snorkels and flippers and jump into the sea to chase fish, coral, star fish and dolphins.

On this day a big scary shark swam after her and Molly tried to get away and accidently swam into fishing net. Molly was very scared, she started to swim and suddenly she turned into a mermaid, with a long shinny purple tail and long brown hair. The shark saw Molly the mermaid and got scared and swam away.

Molly was still caught in the net, but she then realised her tail was sharp and she could cut the net and be free, so she did.

Molly swam back to the boat where her father was still fishing and realised that she was caught in his fishing net. Molly told her father what happened and he promised not to use fishing nets again because they catch and trap too many fish. Molly and her father turned the boat and went home.

Molly had a surprising day and found out she had special powers under sea.

The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!