Halloween Disastor!

I woke up on the morning of Halloween my favourite day of the year. It is 1 day before my 16th birthday and one day until the 6th year I’ve had cancer. All of the sudden I heard a racket coming from downstairs. “Dad’s working on the cure again.” I said to my pet fish. I went downstairs thinking about how many times he has tried to find the cure for cancer and how many times he has failed. I reached the bottom of the stairs and felt a pain in my arm I turned and saw a needle in my arm and my dad standing there with a grin on his face. Then darkness swallowed me.

I woke up and got to my feet. I saw my father cowering in the corner sweat sliding down his face. Suddenly all I could think about was how tasty he looked then I pounced. Just as I was in the air I saw my hands they were not my normal hands they were the paws of a wolf. I looked around the lab and saw my reflection in the door f the fridge I was a wolf. I realized what I was about to do; I was about to kill my own father. All this time my father was cowering in the corner saying continuously, “What have I done?” I ran to the window and jumped out of it. I ran and ran and ran. Then I saw the sun.

As the sun rose I started to turn back into a normal girl. As I walked I started to think, just this morning I was just Fiona Tee a normal school girl in the town of Plantle. But now I am a werewolf, a monster. I crawled into a cave and just lay there until I went to sleep. 12 hours later I woke up with all these things around me. There were Mummies and Vampires, Ghouls and Ghosts. I sat up with a start. “ Who are you?”I asked. They just stood there. I looked outside and saw the moon starting to rise. I started changing. I turned back into a wolf and then I was attacked.

As I fought off the monsters I realized that I was stronger than before. I killed the last of the monsters and I knew I was definitely stronger than before. I realised what I had done and what I had to do. I had to find the “cure” and destroy it before it could hurt anyone else. I ran as fast as I could back home. I smashed the window and grabbed everything I could find.

I knew I couldn’t be alive and not risk hurting anyone. As the sun rose I turned back into a normal girl. I stood at the very edge of the cliff and said to myself “ Happy Birthday Fiona” and then I jumped of the cliff with the needles in my hands and fell to my death.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!