Fallen Leaves

Autumn Leaves fall from the old oak tree. The branches won't survive much longer. The roots will die then the tree will be taken away. A warm breeze is in the air and the street is silent. Maggie and Bella are both together watching the sun go down through the glass window in Bella's bedroom. The sun is beautiful,Peaceful and relaxing to watch. Maggie is always there for Bella and the strongest bond is formed when they are together.

Waking up to the morning light Bella goes down to the shed to get her bike and go for and early morning cycle. Bella always cycles around the village and then comes home for some homemade pancakes. Surprisingly Maggie is standing at the front doorstep. Her deep blue eyes glance at Bella and her freshly washed hair sparkles and smells divine.

"Um,hi Maggie what brings you here this morning"?Bella says quite calmly.

"Oh sorry to bother you, I just wondered if I could come over today," Maggie requested.

"Come in and lets find something to do"Bella replied.

The day past quickly as Maggie and Bella did so many entertaining things. Maggie left around 7pm and walked back to her house. Bella walked inside.Her families eyes were glued to the television.

"Whats wrong Mum?" She asked confused

"Bella all I advise you to do is please go to bed. It is late and you need some sleep," said Bella's Mum looking very worried.

Anyway Bella did what she was told and walked up to her bed and feel asleep in minutes.

Beep, Beep, went the fire alarm in Bella's bedroom.She woke up immediately and walked out of the room. Bella's Parents grabbed her and ran. We were out of the house in seconds. She looked behind and saw their house in flames. Maggie's parents were running away from the catastrophe and just at that very minute flames came down towards Bella. She closed here eyes and panic rushed to her heart. It Was Maggie she was cowering on the cement,fire surrounding her. Bella screamed. She cried for days, for weeks, for months. It was never the same without her.


Months later Bella was walking down the street and saw the old oak tree. Bella smiled and remembered the good times she had with Maggie. Life was so peaceful now without her. Gently but slowly the last autumn leaf fell from the tree and landed in Bella's hand.She kept it close to her heart and remembered that Maggie was her hero and always would be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!