Land Of Youth

It was so loud that I could barely hear myself think. Then, all of a sudden, a giant boulder was rolling. Another boulder was now rolling and crash! The two boulders smashed together, I really couldn't think through this test. I am going to fail. Every minute I tried to walk away but suddenly everywhere trees grew up all around me. Though I must have been in the land of youth, it was so quiet and peaceful. I could wander everywhere without being heard. Nothing here would distract the test.

I had only remembered that a relative of mine had just turned 200. She was partially deaf. If she was in the world I am in, peace would reign free. I walked back into the racket and asked the supervisor if I could do the test there. I walked out but this time instead of walking into trees I walked into a cobbled stoned land. Oh no! the wrong place. I might walk down a path. A policeman was talking to a person about another world. The police said the land of youth was five kilometres away. It struck my mind like a lightning bolt as bright as the sun. I don't care if I walk five kilometres. I just want to get to the land of youth. So I travelled five kilometres and reached my destination.

The air smelt sweet. The dappled flowers were beautiful. The taste of berries tingled on my tongue. I lay down in the shade of a pandanus tree, and never remembered the racket and the test again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!