How The Emu Lost Its Feathers

Finalist in the 'Timeless Tales 2011' competition

In the desert long ago, there was an Emu named Tim. He was walking down the hot dry desert. There were lots of koalas climbing the tall gum trees and lots of beautiful kookaburras laughing at the animals around them.

From a distance, Tim the Emu saw a big dingo coming on its way. It was getter closer and closer to the emu. Soon the emu was face to face with the dingo. The animals around him in the desert became quiet, waiting and watching. Before the animals knew it, the dingo jumped up and bit the emu. The emu was still alive even though he was bleeding all over.

The next day Tim was feeling a better better but the dingo spotted him again. This time the emu started to run. He ran into the bush and he was camouflaged by all the trees so the dingo could not see him. Tim was too clever for the dingo.

Then the dingo went around the other way. The emu didn't see him sneak up. Then the dingo started ripping out poor Tim's feathers. He ran and ran to another part of the bush. He never saw the dingo again. And guess what? Tim's feathers never grew back, and that's how the emu lost its feathers.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!