Quakes And Dreams

The wind outside was howling and the rain came pattering down on the roof of my house. Lightning flashed and thunder growled. My window rattled and my curtains swayed in time with the rain.
I sat down for just a moment. Black for a minute and then a burst of colour an image of my sister and me with my parents having dinner at the table.
Then all of a sudden the fans in our house start to rattle and the ground beneath us starts to shake we run towards the door. Out of the door goes Matilda next me and then Dad but where is Mum?
Our house behind us collapse into a heap of ruble then as the dust settles a figure emerges from the other side of the house. Short hair and not too tall. It was Mum.
I wake to find myself lying in my bed, cold sweat on my face. I run down stairs to see if anything had changed.
At that moment I feel a rumble in the ground. Had it really been a dream?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!