Quacked

QUACKED!
Well hello my dear friend. My name is Quack! I am a duck. I know you are all wondering why a duck is telling a story. You see I have been on a very exciting and strange journey and I like to quackle on about my stories. (Quackle means to blabber on about nothing, in duck!) Before I start, I think you should know I live in a forest on top of an old lady’s house which is made out of lollies, chocolate and everything nice. Let’s begin.
One day I decided to take a waddle, which is long for walk, in duck! So off I went through the forest. I smelt the beautiful smell of cooked, just out of the oven, bread! Then, before I knew it, I was on my way to a small house that I had never seen before.
There were two little children in that house and their father was going to take them out for a hike. I soon found out that their father was going to leave them out there all alone! So I quickly told the children but they didn’t understand. To them I sounded a bit like this,
“Quack quack, quack. QUACK! Quack QUACK QUACK! Quack!”
Somehow they found out, so they grabbed some breadcrumbs and tried to mark their trail but umm, err, well... I sort of ate the bread crumbs. I haven’t eaten bread in a long time.
Their father left them and they went wandering for days! I needed some lollies so I waddled back to the old lady’s house. Now this old lady is not the prettiest lady you’ll ever meet. She has the biggest sweet tooth. Her house is made of lollies, doughnuts, chocolate, whipped cream and gingerbread.
I was eating a bite of chocolate when the two children came and knocked at the door, which was made out of chocolate and ice-cream, so they ate it. The nice old lady let them in.
A couple of days passed and the children were starting to put on a few pounds if I do say so myself. The children started to worry because they thought the old lady was going to eat them. I told them that she would never do that but again all they heard was “QUACK! Quack, quack. Quack!”
One morning I woke to the mouth-watering scent of hot chocolate and porridge drifting up the chimney. I definitely wanted my favourite breakfast so I flew through the open window and I saw the children tied up in a corner crying. I knew that she would put the children in the boiling pot and that would absolutely ruin my breakfast! So I squawked and quacked around the pot and the old lady started swinging her spatula at me. I got such a fright that I tripped over my big feet and fell right into the old lady who tripped backwards over me, into the pot. That was the last of the old lady and my breakfast!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!