Daintree







Have you ever been to a tropical rainforest?
Beams of golden glimmering light streak through the thousands of emerald coloured leaves.
Streams of light ricochet off rocks and plants and send light all throughout the forest.
As you walk, wildlife roams.
Creepy crawling insects scatter across the jungle floor, animals race across the mud and soil.
Flying colourful birds shoot across the thick hot air.
Some birds dare to land on your shoulder.
The sun shines a golden glimmering canary coloured glow.
Trees stand so tall, people seem like ants.
The soil, dark as charcoal, is soft and wet, so when you step on it, your foot is almost enveloped by it.
The air contains several different scents that are strong and clear.
The scent of wildlife plays strong through your nostrils.
The soil has a strange soft smell
The trees and leaves smell untouched by human hand, completely natural.
This is the Australian rainforest, one of the most extraordinary places on earth...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!