Never Again

My soft, pink skin is punctured by a long, thin, metal syringe and a burning, hot fluid is released into my scared, frightened body. The tall, anonymous men leave the white, padded room and I am left in excruciating agony. I can feel my warm, healthy blood leaking from my wound in my right, lower arm and running down to my still, white fingers.

My vision is starting to blur and my eyes are gradually closing. Though my deep, blue eyes are shut I see clear occasions from the past. Happy occasions followed by angry occasions and then sad occasions.

I feel wet little tears forming in my eyes and running down my smooth, pale cheeks and dampening my clothing. I try to open my wet, bloodshot eyes but as much as I want to see the bright, white light positioned directly above me I see darkness, a frightening, lonely darkness that I want to escape so badly. My head starts to feel heavy and I feel paralysed, motionless and scared.

My memories fade into nothing as I lie there slowly disappearing from the world I call home; never to revisit this beautiful, gifted place again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!