The Loss Of A Loved One

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

My eyes filled up with tears as I heard the news that my loving brother Samuel passed away. It never occurred to me, how much I could lose in my life. I find myself wishing that it wasn't real because he was so young and he was going to miss out on a lot of things in life. Every time I think about it, pain is all I can feel. Tears fall from my eyes as l look at him in his coffin, I can barely see. But my heart tells me that he'll always be with me because l love him, I’m glad he feels no pain now-he lives in a perfect land. I can still feel the soft touch on my shoulder of his loving hand and hear his laughter as he makes fun of me. I lie in bed and cry at night hoping he could hear me and talk to me and l don’t feel any better in the morning light. I will love and miss him forever until the day we are together again, together in that perfect place above, and I’ll hopefully see him someday.

It’s been a month now since my brother passed away, and an angel whispered into my ear in my dream to take her hands and come with her and then she said your work here is done. I went away to a place where there are no tears, nor sorrow, only laughter and smiles and there will always be a tomorrow. As l moved amongst the clouds, l could hear voices from my brother, l look down and smile upon him and went down to give him a hug but he disappeared like a mist of cloud.

The angels sing a heavenly song as l come to land on a cloud with a big gold gate that says “Heaven”. I felt like l wasn’t alone, all who went before were here and they awaited my return. Then l heard a voice that reminded me of a love one, it said” l know you’ll grieve and wish l was still here, l am here in the memories you hold dear. I couldn’t regions,” the voice continued. “Remember how much l love you and know l took your love with me”. I started to look around; the voice was giving me headaches that drove me mad. l pushed the big golden gate open and walked inside. I was warmly welcomed by all my loved ones that had passed away. This was a dream I would certainly keep in the midst of my heart.
And I can still recall it at 100...







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!