Warraville

Sofia had been travelling for days with her best friend Bill,they were alone in the hot yellow desert for 4 days with little water and food.As the sun was beating down on their poor,weak,tired bodies Bill fell down in exhaustion of the heat.Sofia helped him up and gave him some water but the canteen was empty.In the distance there was a small town with about 50 people in population.Sofia and Bill used the last amount of strength in them to reach the town.

As they drew closer they saw a sign on a rusty board,it said "Welcome to Warraville,once you get inside,there is no getting out."Sofia noticed the little message and stoped Bill in his tracks.She whispered to Bill "Are you sure you want to in this town?"Bill ingnored her and ran inside while Sofia stayed out of Warraville.

Sofia watched Bill wander into a bar as she backed away slowly and cautiously then into a slow run then sprinting away crying because she had just lost her best friend.A couple of years later on the very same day Sofia can still hear the soft sound of Bill trying to speak to her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!