Nelly The Pirate Girl

Nelly wanted to be a pirate like her father. She wanted to find hidden treasures and solve mysteries. She wanted to tangle octopuses’ tentacles to stop them from attacking her, and fight dangerous sharks.
But Nelly was only seven years old, so her father disagreed with her. He said she was too young to become a pirate and he did want her to get hurt.
She tried her hardest to make herself a boat and a paper hat.
She took a long tissue roll tube to use as a telescope.
“I’ll sail the seven seas and find the precious, gold treasure and it will be mine, forever! HAHAHAHAHAHA!” laughed Nelly.
Nelly stole her father’s boat one day. She went out into the deep sea and started to sail. Suddenly, she went out too far, and started getting worried because she was getting more and more lost in the wide, wide, ocean.
She saw something shiny moving in the water. She tried to figure out what it was, but she couldn’t. Suddenly, a head popped out.
“Ah,” she realised. It was a mermaid.
The mermaid said, “Hello, what is your name?”
“My name is Nelly,” said Nelly, her eyes starting to water.
“I’m Daisy the mermaid. Glad to meet you.” said the mermaid. “What’s wrong?”
Nelly bursts out crying.
“W... well, I... I’m l... lost in the deep sea!” she stuttered.
“Don’t be upset, I’m the perfect one to ask.” Daisy the mermaid said.
So, Daisy led her through the deep sea. They tried to avoid dangers
like octopuses, piranhas ,sharks and more. They were really close to Nelly’s house.
“Here we are. Home at last.” Said Nelly.
But her father wasn’t happy. “Nelly! I said you are not allowed to go out there alone! I will ban you from playing with the pirate set I got you.
“Oh… but I worked really hard on it.” She said.
“Well, if you really want to become a pirate, this time I’ll go with you,” her father said.
“Yippee!” screamed Nelly. “Thanks so much!”
So the both of them set the sail, and… they saw Daisy!
“I know the way to a special island where there are magical gold things there.” Said Daisy.
The both of them sailed to the island. There, they found a treasure chest.
“If you put on any of the jewellery from the chest, you can turn into different things. Necklaces will turn you into a mermaid. Bracelets will turn you into a sea princess and the diamond rings will turn you into anything you wish. This is my gift to you.”
“Thank you so much, Daisy! That’s the best present I’ve had!” Nelly said as she hugged her. “Whenever I put on the necklace, I will definitely visit you… if my dad lets me!”
“Of course I will,” Nelly’s dad laughed. “As long as you ask permission first.”
They sailed back with the treasure in the boat, and Nelly was allowed to sit on Daisy’s tail – what a fun ride!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!