The Magic Of The Sun

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Once upon a time there was a poor village who lived in darkness. In the village there was an old man and woman who had seven children.
One day they decided to visit the old wise wizard to see if he could help them fix their problem of having to live in the dark. After telling the wise wizard he paused for a few moments then replied to their request. He said "You need to go through the forest and over the hill to where the sun lives."
So they went along as the wizard said.
As they entered the forest it began to get darker and darker. When they reached the middle of the forest it was pitch black.
They kept on going through the forest, then the children, the man and the woman saw the hill. They were all so excited but one of the little girls asked, "How long will it take for us to get to the top of the hill?" "It will take two days" said dad.
Along the way they found a tent. "This is where we will stay for the night" said dad. "But dad" said one of the boys, "What if the person who owns this tent comes back?" "I'm sure they won't mind" said dad. And they settled in for the night.
The next morning they woke up bright and early and started to climb the hill. Finally they reached the top of the hill and as they arrived they saw a flash of light. "What was that?" said one of the children. "I'm scared" said another, their dad told them not to worry it was all going to be ok.
They all peered over the hill and saw the sun. They loved the warmth of the sun and decided to stay and never go back to the darkness again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!