The Talking Pear Appeared

3rd in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Today I went to school. I put my bag down and heard a noise coming from my bag. I said” it’s probably the wind.” So I left to go and play.
Then the bell rang, so I lined up. When the teacher came we went in the classroom. The teacher called the roll, after we had reading groups. After that we had fruit break. The teacher called “fruit break” so I went outside where I put my bag and got my fruit out. It was a pear. I screamed because it started talking. It said “ Wassup,” short for what’s up. I was shocked! I took it in the classroom. The teacher said “Ashley, stop screaming!”I put the pear in my tote tray, then I sat down on the floor. We played some games on the smart board. The pear started talking, it said “I am going brown, help me.”
The teacher said, “What is that noise? Ashley, do you have anything to do with this?”
I said “No.” I quickly looked in my tote tray. The pear was not there. I was smiling and frowning at the same time. I was smiling because I got rid of him and was frowning because he could be anywhere. I looked up and saw...the pear!
The pear said to me, “I am turning brown, turning!”
I said, “Shhh! And why would I care if you were turning brown?” I quickly put him in my tote tray. The pear said to himself, “Some one's got a temper.” I sat back on the floor. Then we had recess. When everyone was walking down the ramp to the playground, the pear got out of the tote tray and before the teacher locked the door he ran out of the classroom. The pear got on the hand rail and rolled down the ramp. The pear stopped as some girls were walking down the ramp, and the pear said, “Hey ladies, wassup.”
The girls screamed and they quickly ran down the ramp. I thought all recess how can I get rid of that talking pear? I suddenly had an idea. I brought the pear home that day, and when I got home I got a knife out of the drawer. I sliced the pear into quarters until the pear was not alive.
The pear was never to be seen again.
But someone saw a bunch of bananas having a conversation...but that’s a different story.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!