Salvation


Hello I’m Rip and I’m a raggie, a small race of people, half human, half ragdoll and all inventors!

2 years ago

It was a dark night.
But they all are aren’t they.
Where I come from there isn’t any day.
We raggies don’t know any light.
Until old spud found a glass sphere with a piece of metal on the bottom.
I found a battery.
And our chief found wire.
Anyway we put them together
And after tedious failures it made light!
Then we made a small pole to put it on and we took turns using it to look for useful objects.
But then the clankers arrived. They were half metal, half mammal and all hunters. They, one by one hunted us down so we turned to building weapons and defences instead of various objects like light so we could survive.
This is where I and my mate come in.
We’ve killed them by the dozens but not without cost
We are now down to the old metal-lands our first home and now our last.

How ironic.
Three months ago
That was last year
It’s now just me and nine others in the wastes trying to survive and nothing else. We have only one light spear between us all so we HAVE to stick together.
Like we always did.
But now the clankers have grown to not fear the light like they used to.
So we destroyed the globe plunging our world into darkness so now they cannot track us. Well not properly because they have spotlights implanted into one of their eyes. That’s one reason why It’s good not being properly living, you can implant all manner of machinery into your body. My friend buzz has a blade and a multi melter to melt small metals in one hand alone
I only have a small metal glove to grab, grapple, and grip objects in or out of my way
I love that glove.
Sadly it makes me a target of the clankers because when they kill a raggie they take the tech and give it to their queen.
The queen now only has two parts which are still living.
Her brain and her hand.
Soon I fear I will be killed and have the queen completely metal.
This is why I have to kill her.
Once she is dead the clankers will be like a headless worm, writhing back into its dark, dirty home.
I have spent enough time in hiding I shall strike back!
Not by myself of course. Me and Buzz will kill her together. Together we shall have our revenge.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!