The Adventures Of Ashton Potato Head

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Once upon a time there was a young potato, his name was Ashton Potato-Head. He was part of a family, and his parents were Sally Potato-Head and Patrick Potato-Head. He had four brothers and five sisters, he was the fifth child. The one unloved and unnoticed. He went to an all potato boy school. He had German, art and sport twice a week. His favourite subject was art because he was top of his class and every one liked him. When Ashton was 13 his family abandoned him, and went to Germany (so he thought). When Ashton was cleaning out his locker, his art class and his teacher were running after him chanting “ASHTON, ASHTON WE LOVE YOU, IF YOU GO WE’LL ALL BE BLUE!” Then Miss Masher (the art teacher) walked up to him and said through long breaths “Ashton you can’t leave, if you do this school will be a disaster! I will treat you like my own son but… only if you do art for as long as you possibly can and never quit” Ashton’s face lightened up and he said “of course!” and he gave Miss Masher a huge hug. Once he had finished putting his things back in his locker he waited till school was over and went home with the art teacher. Over the years Miss Masher never brought up the miracle as she was frightened he would change his mind. When Ashton finished school he decided to go to university called Fine Art School. Sadly he didn’t get in he cried and cried, he was so upset he nearly gave up art. So later on the week Miss Masher called to complain but they said something surprising “were VERY sorry about that we got him mixed up with a different boy so he got in!” when Ashton heard this he jumped so high he bumped his head on the ceiling. On their way to Fine Art school they had an accident, a grey Volvos brakes weren’t working so they crashed, Miss Masher was fine but Ashton wasn’t he lost both of his arms. Later on that year he got potato napped by his family. They explained that they all got left behind and taken to different places and that they found each other. So they ended up uniting up as a family with the Miss Masher as there mum. 10 years later they ALL got potato napped and put into a super market. They were in there for three years until they got bought by a young man named James and given to students at a school. Now Ashton lives in Lucy’s tub with pets she bought him!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!