The Apocalypse

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

28/9/12
The year is 2013 September 28 my name is Ammul Claydon. The earth is dead; plants, trees and most people are still alive… if you could call it that. In 2012 the swine flu mutated and caused to people to either mutate or come back to life by bring dead cells to life. The disease causes them to go crazy and only have one instinct… which is to feed although the mindless zombies do not need to eat they still have the urge to feed.
I am now 16 years old today is my birthday. I don’t know what I have to celebrate all I have done is survive another year in this barren wasteland. All I have is my cloths on my back, my weapons and my dog for company and this hear book and pen but my most valuable possession is my bible it helps me stay sane and keep on track god is my saviour and has helped me plenty of times he is the only reason I have not committed suicide.
I am just outside of a major Australian city call Sydney it is very risky but I am running low on food and all the small towns around the area have been sucked dry of food, ammo and other supplies. Funny enough I always seemed to have enough water and my dog always seems to find food but I don’t eat that I need him to keep healthy, his name is Dog Meat, I know that its not the most creative name I mean I could of called him Stone or Cloud, but I thought that calling a dog, dog meat would be ironic.
The Apocalypse 1/10/12
I have been in the city for three days now and I have found an old friend, we are holding out on top of a skyscraper it is one of those eco friendly ones that like have plants and the solar panels. So this is actually really good because there is hear because there is plenty of fruit and veg like; apples, apricots, peaches, carrots and broccoli etc. There is also a nut tree so we get our protean from them and there is no need to get meat, which is good because when you eat meat you have to be very careful with eating because the meat could be infected causing you to mutate and become one of them.
Strangely enough there were so uninfected chickens on a nearby building so we went and got them by using a zip line, so now we can have eggs. Up hear it is good to have electricity so we can play video games, which is fun.
The Apocalypse 4/10/12
It took Rhys and I three days but we finally did it we rescued our friends Isaac and Sam we fought our way through hordes of zombies. Now we all live here to here together trying sustain mankind, if people out there in need we are here to help or shelter we are here to help, to provide comfort and support to those who are in need we send this message out over radio. This is Ammul Claydon and this is the last I will be talking to you through this book and I leave you my Bible. May God be with you Amen.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!