Journey To God

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

“Jingle bells jingle bell, Jingle all the way, Christmas in Australia on a scorching summer’s day, hey, jingle bells jingle bells Christmas time is Beaut, Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute”. “Woooooooooo” mum yell. “Sing it again!” She yelled enthusiastically. “No way” I said panting for breath, “Its so tiring”. “And any way thanks so much for the present's Mum and Dad” I said. “Gosh Christmas time is so busy”.

“So what time are you picking me up from Rose’s place?” I asked dad. “2:00pm” I suggested. “Okay” said dad. “Have you got everything” said Mum. “Yes mum, you’ve asked me that about a billion times” I answered. “Okay see you tomorrow then” said Mum. “Bye” I said. “And don’t forget to feed the fish” I said to my little sister Lilly. “I won’t” she said. ‘She’ll forget’ I thought.

“Beep Beep Beep, Beep Beep Beep” went Dad’s phone. “Oh” groaned Dad and picked up his phone. “Dad, don’t, Stop, no” I yelled. “What? Said Dad looking up. He gasped, There was a screech of tyres but it was too late. There was a loud crash then every thing went black.

I woke up. I was in a bed, a strange bed. Just then I realized what happened. When dad was looking at his phone he went though the red at one of the busiest intersections in town.

“Millie my child” said a loud voice. I looked up and saw a man. Where am I” I asked. ‘No, I know where I am’ I thought “Hang on if I’m in Heaven then you must be God” I said. “I am” said the man. It took a while to sink in. “Did my dad die” I said. “No” God said. ‘On that day I realised, our live haven’t ended when we die; we just live in heaven instead of earth. Suddenly I remembered Katie. She died last year. “Is a Miss Katie Torent here?”I asked God. “Yes” I heard the well known voice of Katie say. “Katie”!!! I screamed. “Oh I’ve missed you so much”. So Katie and I were BFF’s right from the start, setting out on our new journey, a journey in heaven.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!