Deaths Story

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Blood was all I could think of as I watched it drip down off my body. I am going to die here? I thought looking up at the stars in the winters night sky. There was a thud as I fell to my knees weak. All I heard was a growl as I paid my attention to this grey wolf, which just stayed there as if it was ready to charge. I watched the blood drip down from off its jaw. I pulled out my knife knowing that it was not its own. My vision became vivid due to the lack of blood; I fell to the ground barley conscious watching the stars shine brightly. If I am going to die here so be it, its not like it’s a life I going to miss any way I said. I smiled gracefully trying to catch the snowflake that fell from the sky. My arm dropped as every thing began spinning, I then blacked out…………………….

Are you alive? I heard someone’s voice. I opened my eyes while slowly rising. There I found myself in abed looking up at this young gentleman who gave me a heavenly smile. Who are you! I feared to ask, the names Evan and don’t worry I don’t plan to hurt you he replied that’s some wound you have there. Oh this no this is just a slight abrasion, I sighed knowing the fact that he knew my smile was fake. Why did you take me in I then asked him I am nothing more than a mere stranger to you. Do you not remember what happened lad? He said walking over to the fireplace, come child let us sit as we explain our stories. I nodded in agreement.

Hours had past listening to each other’s past, memories that we treasured and those, which we regret. So you’re an adept spy are you? He then asked me. Yes I replied don’t worry I’ll be out of your hands in morning. You’re a lot of trouble ya know that he frowned. Yea well from what you’ve told me about your past, you’re not easy to deal with either. We laughed. You’re all right he smiled placing his hand on my shoulder now get some rest you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow he told me. I smiled back walking towards the bed.
IN THE MORNING
There was a gunshot, we quickly ran out side only to find a tall man with broad shoulders standing there with that stupid grin on his face. I looked over to Evan who told me to run, so I did. As I was running I heard another gunshot. I looked over to Evan whose arm was spilling blood; I shouted his name before turning around. Evans eyes widen watching my blade go through the mans chest. Evan I screamed running to his aid we smiled in relief knowing that we had just won our fight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!