Dragon's Of The Age

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Long ago Dragon’s ruled the land of Black Skies until the knights of the Crusade arrived. One Dragon named Inferno was attempting to make friendship with the Crusade s but was spotted by another Dragon who then reported to his leader named Eternal. The leader of the fire Dragon clan was in a fit of rage, the ancient leader banished Inferno to the Forest of the Forgotten. For all of eternality Inferno was to wander the dark lifeless land. But another Dragon decided to use their powers to destroy the knights. 10 years later the war still raged on but at the time a small young warrior son of the king himself was named Sam. Sam is sick of men being sacrificed to demolish the creatures of time but he thought they were fascinating creature like none other. So Sam went out to the forest of the Forgotten because he had heard of a Dragon trying to make an alliance with the knights but failed so Sam ventured out carrying a dagger and slabs of meat. Sam couldn’t find the beast so he cooked the slab of meat, he wasn’t hungry he just thought the smell will lure the beast near. Seconds past, then minute s, then the young warrior fell into a deep sleep. The next thing he knew the meat was gone he could not find any trace of the beast but he saw a set of paw prints so Sam, alone, follows them to a deep dark cave. Sam then sees a figure of a monster. He was terrified. But something in his mind spoke. Sam and Inferno talked, but their conversation had been interrupted by some shouts of men calling. Sam ran to the calls “your father’s expecting you for the banquet”. After the feast Sam’s father told him to follow him down to the dungeon “there’s something I want you to see” the king opened the Iron Gate. A Dragon! “They saw it came by flying by then it rested in the forest and then we chained it up Sam could tell that it was a female, what type it is and how old it is. The next day Sam sneaked into the Forest of the Forgotten then he told Inferno about a female Dragon at 8,000 years old “There is only a female Dragon and that was 8,000 years old but it couldn’t be her could it” “who? Inferno” “It’s the leader of the Fire Dragon clan’s daughter named Iris” said Inferno Then Sam decided to help Inferno. Night had fallen, Sam slipped past royal guards, Sam was at the dungeon entrance, as he lit a candle Sam hurried down the dirty, stairs then he unlocked the iron door. Iris was not alarmed, both of them quietly made their way up the stairs. Iris and Sam escaped from the palace. In another land the Crusades were winning until their king was burned to pieces by Eternal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!