Twilight

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Village Fasiona had dusk with a beautiful cold breeze and many wonderful colours shining in the horizon making it a scenic time of the day.
Life was going great. In Mr Mongler’s house, Mr Mongler was excited to have his nephew Tom coming over for the weekend.
Suddenly Mr Mongler’s daughter Maria shouted ’ Some shadows!’
Mrs Mongler replied ‘ There’s no shadows. You need to stop daydreaming and have your dinner. She was enjoying her YUMMY pizza when she heard a knock on the door.
Wow! Wow! She shouted with tremendous excitement. It’s my cousin Tom!
She hurried to the door and opened it. There he was! The person she had been longing to meet.
After chit- chatting for a while, they went to bed. Maria was sleeping upstairs while the other 3 were sleeping downstairs. Everyone was sleeping peacefully, all except Maria, who was having a terrible dream about robbers breaking into their house. Without being able to bare her nightmare, she blinked.
What did she see? Real robbers.
She thought hard about what to do and then she remembered that her dad, a Goldsmith had a spray to make the gold harden quicker, which was poisonous to the naked eye. She walked to the cupboard in pin- drop silence and grabbed the spray. She sprayed it in the thieves’ eyes and they were temporarily blinded. She then quickly got a long, thick rope and tied all the robbers up together near the lounge. Without wasting time, she hurried downstairs, banged on the door and switched on the light. Everyone woke up immediately.
Then Mr & Mrs Mongler exclaimed” What happened Maria?’’
There are robbers! Maria replied.
‘’ Robbers?’’ Maria’s parents repeated in a peculiar voice.
What do we do to them now? Call the cops … asked Maria
We could call ‘000’ Mrs Mongler said. ‘ Right’ Mr Mongler said wholeheartedly.
Fine! Said Tom, secretly wishing, that they avoid calling ‘000’ as he was the mastermind behind the robbery.
When Maria was about to dial 000, Tom suddenly said, "Don’t bother calling the police". I’ll just stay up and keep a watch.
Maria suspected Tom, went upstairs and dialled ‘000’. The staff picked up the phone immediately and she told them everything including what she suspected about Tom. In a few moments, she could hear the siren of the police’s car. Meanwhile, this noise alarmed Tom. He quickly hid the robbers and got tomato sauce and poured it on himself to make a scene that the robbers had stabbed him and escaped, leaving him blooded badly. But the smell of the tomato sauce was too strong to be ignored. Soon there was a knock at the door, and Maria knew who they were -‘ The Police’ with their Dog. The dog revealed everything including Tom’s wicked plan! Tom then confessed his plans and begged for forgiveness.
The police then handcuffed Tom and the other robbers and drove them to the police station.
They all celebrated Maria’s bravery and triumph against the robbers!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!