LIFE!!!!!!!

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition


Do you think there is another world out there? Do you think it is made out of chocolate or flying pigs zooming around? Well, I hate to break it to you but there isn’t!
If there was I would be there right at this moment instead of here in my room trapped like a mouse in a mousetrap.

Oh, sorry, you don’t even know who I am! The names Melinda, Melinda Henderson, but, you can just call me Mel. Okay, lets get on with the story.

It all started off as a wonderful day at school. Me and my best friend Cindy were just about to go into the classroom when Jamie Brown, the meanest, toughest, and the most annoying kid in the world grabbed us by our t shirts and dragged us away when he yelled out “Don’t get in my way!’ As usual, I ignored him. As for Cindy she did what she always did, she grabbed him by the ear and whispered “After school, you, me at the tank!” The same as always, I, a nice kind innocent girl had to go with her. So, that’s what we did!

Once the bell had gone, we got our bags and zoomed down to the tank. When we got there, Jamie was there ready to fight. We put our bags down, and Cindy was ready too! “Let it begin!” shouted Jamie. So off they went. Two minutes later Mr Denton our headmaster wandered passed and saw us! “You three into my office, NOW!!” he yelled.

One hour later I got home. Mr Denton had told mum what had happened. “Up to your room missy!!!!” she said crossly. So, here I am in my room. Then I hear something ring ring, ring ring, it was my phone, so I answered it. “Hello” I said. “Hi, it s me Jamie” he replied. Somehow he had got my number! “Why are you ringing me for?” I asked. “I wanted to say sorry and wanted to ask you if I could be your friend and Cindys friend” he replied. “Sure, but only if you be nice to other kids” I said. “Sure. See you tomorrow at school,” he said as he hung up.

So from that day on Jamie, Cindy and I became the best of friends and now I don’t really care if there isn’t another world out there!


BY LUCY NOVAK!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!