Once A Nothing, Now A Something.

"Please, stop.. Dont hurt her" !
Cried my sister as she watched me being beaten up by my own father.
I hated seeing her upset, but she had nothing to worry about. I had gone through this everyday of my life, the pain of his fist crashing into my ribs and the feeling of nails digging into your cheek bone like an eagle swooping an innocent fish.
I managed to pull away but the pain was still there.
My sister sat by me and said "You will be fine, im here for you".
I felt a tear drop land in my lap like a sprinkle of rain. And another, And another.
I smacked my head aginst the basement wall giving myself a headache. Suddenly i heard footsteps heading towards the door, i crept backwards slowly but fell into a pile of wood. I pulled myself up and leapt to the back of the basement. For a second i imagined a different life and father then suddenly step back into reality and recognised a largue shadow. It was my father. With out thinking i let out a scream, he then turned around and walked out, but i knew it wasent the end.
The next day i appeared at school with a new bruise just under my neck. People stopped and stared, every stare lead me closer to bursting out tears. Home time came around and i took my time to get home to a flogging. I opened the door and gulped then headed towards the basement, After my daily flogging i sat up and thought to myself. What would it be like to have another life ? To be in someone elses shoes ? Would i have a better life ? I laughed to myself, "That will never happen" !
Another day at school and i finally got around to telling the counsellor everything without a single tear, she went on and on until she finally directed me out the door. I burst into tears, if my dad found out about me saying anything i will really get a fist full.
I got home prepared for a smack when suddenly he smiled, My mouth opened in surprise, he was being nice ! And i thought to myself, Maybe i dont need a new family after all.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!