The Beast

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

It was a cold night as I walked through the dark forest.It was very silent nothing could be herd but the crackling under my feet as i walked.I could see a bright light up ahead so decided to follow it. As I got closer I saw a huge shadow. Then I could saw what it was, It was a big,red dragon that sparkled like a thousand rubys with long,fat,muscely legs and a long snake like tail. The dragon was streched out and it was fast asleep. I couldn't help myself I had to take a closer look.So I walked quietly around the front of the dragon.It had a long face and it looked very fierce.I took one more step and SNAP I stepped on a twig.The dragons eyes flew open and an enormous roar came from its gigantic mouth.I was scared stiff every part of my body was frozen.I wanted to run and hide but my body would not move.The dragon spotted me and lunged at me with its arms outstreched.All of a sudden a hot shiver went through my body and I ran for my life.
"Ah" A scream escaped from my mouth the dragon roared at me even louder than before. I found a huge rock so i decided to hide behind it.I sat there in silent waiting for the dragon to march away.
"Grrr"
I looked up and saw the dragon. It opened up its mouth and.....
"Eddie dinner is ready now"
"Oh mum can I just finish reading this chapter in my book"
"No come down here now"
Eddie sighed
"Ok coming"
He placed the book mark in the book and raced down stairs for dinner.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!