Mizoto The Hero

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Mizoto tossed and turned in his sleep. He had a vision, which kept on repeating. It had the beauty of a dream yet also the terror of a nightmare. Baby Mizoto could see some sort of an alien, but it looked peaceful, Mizoto had heard it was one of the Homo Sapien race. It was a small alien. The Human approached Mizoto and took him home, played with him and put him to sleep. This was strange behavior of an enemy but the vision changed and the Newtreons smashed everything near Mizoto. They took Mizoto away from his new friend. Mizoto woke with a start, his heart beating. He was a grown soldier now and was trained to kill in battle. He slid open the door leading from his bunk which he had been given. Mizoto was the son of Mithero, the leader of the Newtreons so he was able to access everything in the spacecraft, even the main deck, which is where he was headed. He saw his father and spoke of his dream but his father stopped listening and shouted “ENEMY AHEAD… MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS,” Mizoto looked up and instantly recognized the spacecraft “It’s the Humans” said Mizoto. The Newtreons fired their C.O.R.G cannons whilst the Humans fired their weak but fast “guns” of some sort. Mizoto had access to the weaponry chamber, so he grabbed four missiles and loaded one. There were three metallic clangs as the other three missiles dropped to the floor. Mizoto had seen the human. Staring right at him was the same face of the young boy but there were visible battle scars and he was older. Mizoto ran to his father and pleaded “stop the war, we don’t need to fight any longer”
“Why should I stop the entire war for you?” commanded Mithero. Mizoto looked at his father and said calmly “ I have made a friend” it was all Mizoto said.
Within a minute The guns died down and Mithero spoke to the leader of the humans. The two agreed that instead of fighting for Earth, they should share it but only if the humans could keep one of the dead soldier’s body for testing which Mizoto’s Father agreed to with shame. The Newtreons had a feast that night for Mizoto and they mourned the deaths of both the dead Humans and Newtreons. While Mizoto was on Earth he never saw the particular Human . Mizoto was laying in a hospital, he was weak. He was on his deathbed; the nurse came in and said “you have a visitor”. Mizoto looked and saw the Human. The aged human said “Hello, I am Kurt… I don’t know if you remember m-”
“ Of course I do… I’m Mizoto” said Mizoto calmly.
The aged human held Mizoto in his arms and said “I’ve searched the globe for you, Stay strong and be not afraid of death but welcome it,”
Written by Luke Mahony, Year 8, age 13

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!