On The Edge Of Reality

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

After reading the message again, I stared at the ground, my eyes started watering and my face felt hot, I keep blinking to stop myself from crying, it kind of worked.
“Aww Bree, don’t let her bother you, she’s just jealous,” Avery said hugging me sideways, “Yeah” I mumbled.
She frowned, “Do you want me to go get Addison?” she asked.
I shook my head, “No”. She stood up and walked over to where the boys were doing flips off the table, I looked at the ground not wanting him to come over and see me upset.
Next minute I was pulled to my feet and looking directly at Addison, “What’s wrong?” he asked sounding concerned. I just shook my head, and Addy pulled me in to a hug, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I love being in his arms, something about them makes me feel so happy, so safe.
He rocked me side to side slightly, “Nothing, just Elle sent me a message saying some stuff that kind of upset me”. He hugged me tighter, and then kissed me lightly. “Don’t worry about her,” he said.
“Kind of hard not to, I mean she’s suppose to be my best friend and she’s mad because I want to hang out with you, I invited her, but she didn’t reply,” I said almost crying again. He hugged me again. Then bent down wrapped his arm behind my leg and lifted me up, he was carrying me bridal style.
I laughed “What are you doing?” He just smiled and kissed me, carrying me over to the table the boys had been currently back flipping off, and sat me down.
Avery looked at me and scoffed jokingly “I can’t get you to smile but Addison can, I see how loved I am”
I laughed again, “Sorry Ave” I said,
“Nah you were upset and needed Addy cuddles, all good now?” She questioned “Yeah I’m not going to let her being jealous ruin my day” I smiled, Avery checked her phone and said, “we have to go and get ready for Casey’s party” I groaned, Addison leaned forward and kissed me, I love the way his lip ring is cold against my lips. We stood kissing for awhile, Avery cleared her throat jokingly “Come on we have to go”
“I don’t wanna” I pouted only half jokingly, if I had my way I’d never leave him, but I had to. Avery and I arrived at the shopping centre; her mum was driving us to Casey’s party.
Avery and I sat in the car, “Are you really okay?” she asked, I shook my head and started bawling, She climbed into the back seat and hugged me, comforting me while I cried. I felt my phone vibrated and saw I had a message from Addison. The message read “Hey Beautiful” I smiled through my tears. Everything’s going to be alright I thought. At the time I had no idea how wrong I was.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!