Wovers Worries

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Wover’s Worries.
Wover was not an ordinary dog. He worried a lot.
He had trouble with the space he was in.
And he could not write or talk about it, which was a very bad thing because he needed help.

Wover woke up from the only good sleep he’d had all year.
He decided today was the day I’m going to ask for help.
He got out of his dog basket and went to his master to ask for help.
He nudged him and howled when he couldn’t get over the fact that the best night had been spoiled by his master whacking him when he wanted help.
Wover put his tail sadly between his legs and slowly he slumped down into his dog basket.
But that was not all, Wover was thinking of the greatest thing. The idea was to “escape”.
As usual, Wover’s owner had to leave for work.
Wover got out of his basket, got a drink, ate some food and then squeezed through the hole he had been scratching when he thought the space he was in was too closed in.Wover was heading to one place. That one place was “the junkyard”. Wover had heard all about this place so Wover thought there might be something that could help.
Once Wover got to “the junkyard” he decided he needed to look really hard before his owner would come back and spank him on the nose like he did this morning.
Wover started to worry. A lot of things were going through his head. Too much to explain but that just helped him look harder. To Wovers disappointment there was only one sheet.
It was part of a diary.
He decided to write on it one bad thing and how it could be improved.
Wover smiled he decided this idea was going to work.
The next day Wover got out of bed didn’t care to wake up his owner and started to write to his owner in particular.
ONE BAD THING THAT HAPPENED:
I need more air this place is way to small for a dog like me. I wish my owner had time to take me outside for once on a walk.
HOW CAN YOUR BAD PROBLEMS BE SOLVED:
I could just wait…or beg…every dog has his day…
Wovers owner came home at the dinner table and when he was putting on his pajamas Wover waited patiently. Finely Wover ran to his basket and with the paper in his mouth proudly while his owner was about to turn off the light Wover sat while his owner was gob smacked by Wovers ability to write and read through. His owner laughed he patted his bed to signal for Wover to jump up. Wover hadn’t jumped up on his bed since he first got him it was much bigger on his owners bed.
His owner turned off the light and whispered in his ear “tomorrow and for ever we’ll go running everyday”.
Wover smiled, it turned out ok.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!