The Note Of Love

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

I was staring at the picture hanging on the brick wall. The oil paint was smudging the original paint causing an amazing illusion. The drawn water rushing down the lake looked real. The leaves falling off the trees made me feel the autumn wind brushing in my hair. Isn't it unfortunate I wasn't actually there. I was moving into my new apartment and this picture was left behind. I snapped back into reality and picked up the picture. As I picked it up a piece of paper flew onto the ground as it did spiralling in the air. I picked it up, it seemed to be a note. A love note, it said.
You are the one for me,
No one else could be,
Someone as kind as you,
Never could I be without you.
I love you forever,
Ever and ever.
Please always remember me,
You own the key,
The key to my heart.
The one that would never tear us apart.
The rest of the note was smudged and unreadable. The note must have been very, very old. It seemed like a language that Shakespeare might have used.
I have kept that note since the day I discovered it. I am now eighty-one, this is the note of love.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!