Chosen

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

CRASH! The spells hit in the middle of the village.
This story started when the young human warlock, Robert Lewis, with his little brother, Harry, were walking through the abandoned village of Buergonveil. Robert and Harry have a terrible past. They were stolen from their Mum and Dad when Robert was only four, and Harry was only two months old by their Dad’s arch enemies, the dark lord warlock Vados and his, apprentice, and wife, Elexia. They don’t know what happened to their parents.
Six years later, Robert and Harry broke out of Vados and Elexia’s captivity. Vados and Elexia were furious. The two brothers went off into the night trying to find some food and shelter.
Seven years later, they’re still running. Finding almost edible food, hiding in abandoned huts and warehouses but still carrying on. Every few days they run into Vados and Elexia with Snuffles, their possessed boarhound, but they still get away. Although, this time they didn’t. “NO! AHHH!” Harry screamed, writhing in pain while Snuffles had his teeth sunk into his thigh. “Henon!” Robert muttered making Snuffles fly off of Harry.
“TOUCHDOWN! Ten outta ten I say,” chuckled Vados, “What do you think hun?” Elexia rolled her eyes,“Yeah, sure, whatever.”
The ground around Robert started rumbling,
“Menekfah!” Robert bellowed at Vados. A burst of green light flowed out of Robert’s hands.
“Jual,” Vados mumbled. The spell reflected off of Vados’ hand and hit Elexia square in the chest.
“Whoops,” Vados muttered. SMACK! Elexia slapped Vados in the face making him stumble.
“What was that for?!” Vados exclaimed with fear in his voice,
“I didn’t mean to, you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time!”
“Oh really?!”
“Yeah, really!”
Elexia scoffed, “Coun,” she spat and Vados tumbled to the ground smacking his head into the ground.
“Uh, hello, we’re still here,” Robert reminded,
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, oh,”
“Henon!” holared Robert. Just as the spell was about to hit Elexia, she picked up Vados and he flew away off in the mountains.
“VLARAL!” roared Elexia.
“BAFGAH!” shouted Robert.
CRASH! The spells hit in the middle of the village.
“AHHH!” shrieked Elexia, getting hit by one of Vados’ spells.
“Hehehe, my beautiful little power source,” said Vados lazily.
“Huh?” questioned Robert.
“Oh, you don’t know why I stole you, do you? Well, you are one of the most important human beings on the planet, you my friend, are the chosen one. The boy that just didn’t turn out correctly, the one who got just a little bit more juice than you were supposed to.”
“B... W… GASAR!” Robert proclaimed, spurting out a blast of red light.
“Jual,” Vados murmured reflecting the spell heading straight for Robert.
“NOOOO!” Harry screamed, jumping in front of the spell. The spell then smashed into Harry sending him to the ground imploding into dust.
“NOOOO!” Robert wailed.
“Oh, whoopsys,” Vados spluttered sarcasticly.
“ZARDFLARWASAN!” rumbled Robert.
“NO!” yelped Vados, as he melted into the earth.
Robert was stunned at his power. Realising he was alone, he let out one single tear.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!