Tears And Broken Glass

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

My eyes opened immediatly, I could hear glass smashing, I could hear screams and I could hear shouts. I got out of bed and ran down the stairs, tripping on the last one and falling to the ground. I lay there for a few seconds and then slowly lifted my head. There were three boys throwing rocks at our windows and vandilising our door. Their faces screamed arrogence as did did their minds.My mum screamed as tears ran down her face and my dad shouted at the boys. My mind was full, full of pain and hot tears ran down my cheecks falling into my mouth. I heard of these boys, the boys that hated Jewish people so much they tried to hurt them. I wished I wasn't Jewish, I wished Hitler didn't exist and I wished that just for one day my family would be happy. I curled up in a ball and I stayed their sobbing and dreading when I would have to come out.
When I did come out my mother had three suitcases and the house was bare. She took my sweaty hand and with my father we started walking down the road, we walked and walked through the night until we were out of town and at a little house in the country. A plump lady escorted us in and lead us down to her basement. My father said three words and they made me feel better, We are safe now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!