The Cube

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

18 Million years ago there was DNA called The Cube.
The planet it came from was Cybertron, that planet was under attack by Megatron. The evil Optimus Prime put it The Cube on Cybertron for safety but it went out of Cybertron somewhere into space.

Millions of years later it landed on Earth. The year was 2011.
My dog woke me up. His name was Doug. He ran outside. Something landed. Doug was near it I yelled ”No Doug!” He touched it and went all funny.

Somehow it made him powerful. I watched Doug pick up his ball. It went flying off and landed in Queensland.

Doug had guns. He fired at the cat. I screamed “Don’t try to kill the cat, he’s our pet!” Too late. Then Doug shot an eagle with his lazer. The eagle melted.

Doug jumped on me. He threw me up onto the chimney and I went down through the top and landed upside down in the lounge room heater. I was knocked out. Lucky the heater wasn’t going, it would have killed me. Doug began shooting anything around him. I came too and jumped out just as the bit of flame got me. My foot was on fire. I ran quickly outside to the tap.

I decided to ride the motor bike with Doug up the hill away from the house to try to work off this power over Doug.
I fell off the bike and Doug dragged me over then threw me into a tree. I was stuck. Then Doug dragged me down with his mouth “Put me down” I was screaming.

I grabbed Doug around the chest and felt The Cube. I found the off button and pressed it. The Cube came out into my hand and suddenly zoomed back into space where it had come from.

Doug started panting and puffing at me. His long wet sticky tongue started licking my face as he jumped for joy all over me. Doug was back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!