Spencer's Birth

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

On the fifth of May, my baby brother was born. He was born when mum was getting out of the shower.

I caught my baby brother before he slipped onto the floor and went down the plug hole. My sister ran into the kitchen and got the scissors and cut the umbilical cord straight off. I carefully passed my baby brother to my sister and I bolted as fast as I could into the kitchen and got the phone and called the police and ambulance to come and help mum.

When they arrived they rushed inside. They took my baby brother and mum to the hospital.

They weighed him, washed him and cleaned him and because he was screaming, gave him a bottle of milk till mum was ready for him.

We named him Spencer. That same day we took him home. I was so excited to have to have a hold. Spencer is the cutest and cuddliest baby I know.

I absolutely love and adore my baby brother.

By
Anne Coutts
Grade 4
Aged 10
Elmhurst PS Vic 3469

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!