Don’t Time Travel With Chocolate Bars

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Now we all know that chocolate bars are nice and crunchy on the outside and really sticky and gooey on the inside. There is one thing to keep in mind when you crunch into a chocolate bar with flaky skin- it crumbles everywhere doesn’t it? Let me tell you this story.
In a horrible place in a horrible forest, there was an orphanage slap bang in the middle of the forest so no little innocent child could escape. In this orphanage lived the most innocent child of the lot, Maxi. Maxi was walking over to the kitchen to do the washing up from supper when she found a chocolate bar neatly sitting right there on the bench unwrapped. Maxi had not eaten for the day so she looked at the chocolate bar and decided to eat it.
Just before Maxi took a bite out of the chocolate bar, a minute voice screamed out, “Don’t eat me.” Maxi curiously looked around. As before, nobody was there. Then in her hand she felt a shuffle. Maxi jumped and then looked at the chocolate bar. The chocolate bar itself said hello.
“Hello, hello,” said the smart little chocolate bar proudly. “My name is Coco.”
“Why, what a smart little chocolate bar!” exclaimed Maxi. “What else can you do?” asked Maxi. “I do have a few more tricks up my sleeve!” said Coco. “Like...” urged Maxi. “Like time travelling, isn’t that exciting.” said Coco proudly. “Well could you please, please, please take me to a wonderful place with flowers blooming and trees waving and.....” Maxi was cut off by Coco. “Come on child no time for chit-chatting why don’t we start travelling.”
“Zip, Zap, Zinga,” whispered Coco as they started zooming off to some unknown place. After a few seconds of hovering in the air they landed on the ground. Maxi looked around to find that there were all sorts of wonderful things like mint trees and grass, little marshmallow buildings, lemonade rivers and fairy floss clouds, oh and the best of them all was the little chocolate bar people! Maxi glanced over at Coco and he looked a bit troubled. “Whatever is the matter Coco?” questioned Maxi. “Um, it’s something I forgot to tell you before we time travelled,” said Coco a little hesitantly. “If a piece of me falls off I am unable to time travel.”
“So let me guess, that has just happened hasn’t it?” said Maxi smartly. “Correctamondo,” replied Coco. “Now what?” asked Maxi. “We will have to ask the village Mayor,” said Coco.
When they both got to the Mayor he told them that there was only one thing to do and that was that Maxi had to eat Coco because the chocolate bar was magical, so if she ate him she could time travel too. Maxi sadly said goodbye and gobbled him all up. She zipped off to a village and made a chocolate store and named it after Coco.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!