Piggy's Birthday

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

One morning in January Piggy awoke to a wonderful smell coming from the kitchen, he jumped out of bed in excitement and started running downstairs. There, he saw Mr Pigton his father reading the daily newspaper and his mother baking cakes, donuts and many other yummy things for his party which was the next day.
There was a knock at the door, it was Froggy, he had come for a play with Piggy. Froggy was very excited about the party indeed, so they went upstairs excitedly. When they reached Piggy’s room everything went quiet, Froggy slowly spoke a few words, “What type of party are you going to have?” “I don’t know!” shrieked Piggy. They ran downstairs faster than wind and Froggy almost ran into a chair. When they reached the kitchen Piggy asked his mother “what type of party am I going to have?” Mrs Pigton said “whatever party you want darling, you could even have an art party if you liked.” Piggy was very unsure of what he wanted, because there were many different types and very little time.
He soon decided on having an art party but with a sleepover. So they wrote the invitations and gave them out quickly.
Later on Piggy and Froggy helped Mrs Pigton bake the birthday cake, but they ran out of eggs, so Mrs Pigton gave Piggy and Froggy some money to buy twelve eggs. Soon they arrived at the door with some of the eggs but they hadn’t enough. They said “we didn’t have enough money mama.” So Mrs Pigton ran next door to ask for some eggs, “The chickens haven’t laid any eggs for weeks” said the owner Mrs Poppet. Mrs Pigton was a vet so she took an X-ray of one of the chickens, she said “you haven’t given them enough love.” So Mrs Poppet ran to the kitchen and collected the compost bin, she then tipped all the scraps into the chicken-house. Within a flash the chickens were eating and as they finished their meal out popped the eggs. At seven o’clock Froggy went home.
Piggy awoke the next day and found his presents from his parents waiting right beside him. His parents knocked on the door softly, but he had already unwrapped his presents. When he saw his parents he jumped up and gave them a nice, big HUG! Mrs Pigton dressed piggy in his finest clothes.
Soon the guests arrived with fine gifts for Piggy, he enjoyed the variety of gifts very much. Later they started playing, but they got hungry so Mrs Pigton served lunch. After lunch they went outside and played again. Soon it grew dark so everyone went inside and had dinner. At eight thirty the animals went to bed.
The next morning the animals were handed their lolly bags, Piggy thanked them for coming. Unfortunately they forgot to have the grand cake so they quickly sang Happy Birthday and shared out the slices to take home! The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!