Mrs Goose And The Fox

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Once, there was a white fox named Mr Fox that was friends with a white goose named Mrs Goose. They lived together in the long, grassy area. In a short time, Mrs Goose laid eggs. Not for long, they hatched and there were seven babies altogether. There was not much to eat, so every morning Mrs Goose had to fly away to find some fat, tasty fish while Mr Fox had to take care of the babies.

When Mrs Goose flew away again, Mr Fox ate the fattest gosling and fled. By the time he returned Mrs Goose was already back.
“Where were you?” she demanded.
“I was wondering if we could visit Mr Frog,” he lied.
“Then did you?” she asked.
“I wanted to but I couldn’t find him,” he replied.

Suddenly, she noticed that one of her babies were gone.
“Where did one of my babies go?” Mrs Goose asked fearfully.
“I don’t know, maybe it ran away,” Mr Fox mumbled nervously.
“I’ll find it and you’ll stay!” But she couldn’t.

After a week, Mrs Goose, Mr Fox headed to find Mr Frog. Mr Frog said, “Hey! I haven’t seen you for a long time!” He also admired the babies.

After a few seconds Mr Fox he said, “My friends, can you jump into the pond and see if there is any fish that these babies can eat? Cheekily, Mr Fox ate another baby.


Later, Mrs Goose returned again. She noticed that there were five goslings left.
“One baby is gone again. How do you explain?” she said sternly.
“Well,” he muttered. “I think it was following you.”
“What? I don’t think so and you should be looking after them!” she honked.
“I was and I played hide and seek with them,” Mr Fox said seriously. “Maybe it jumped into the pond to hide.”

When they were finished with that, Mrs Goose checked the nest and found Mr Fox’s fur in the nest. Next she checked Mr Fox and she saw her gosling’s fur on him. Now she decided make a plan, but before that, she called Mr Frog to watch the goslings. Then she paddled to Mr Fox. “It’s very cold here so I decided to fly to a warmer place,” she said.
“But I can’t fly,” he said.
“I’ll carry you.”
“What about the babies?” he asked.
“I’ll get them later,” she replied.

So, up they went, then.... “Aaarrrgggghhh!!!” Mrs Goose flew back to her nest while Mr Fox drowned in the sea.

Finally, with no Mr Fox around, Mrs Goose and her babies lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!