Narrative And Persuasive Text

Narrative Writing 1/6/11

Title: The ant and the dove
Orientation: This story takes place in summer in the forest. The characters are an ant, a dove and a hunter. The ant is collecting food.
Complication: First, the ant was collecting food and slipped into the water. Fortunately, a dove saw him and kicked a leaf in the water so the ant could balance on the leaf.
Secondly, the hunter was about to shoot the dove, but luckily the ant quickly bit the hunter on the foot so the dove could fly away.
Resolution: The dove and ant became best friends.
-Asha Bowditch Brown

Persuasive Text 4/4/11
Title: Children should be given homework.
Introduction: I think children should be given homework because if I do not get homework when I am in Primary School I will not be as prepared.
Argument 1: Firstly, I believe if I do not get homework at Primary School I will not be prepared for High School and I would get very low marks and my parents would get sad.
Argument 2: Secondly, if I did not get homework in Primary School and I got low marks our parents would get sad and it would be me to blame. I would get in lots of trouble just because of my teachers not giving me homework.
Argument 3: Finally, if I get homework I would have more experience for my job or when I go to Uni. I would be more experienced so I could get a better job and go to a better school.
I learned some sort of music because I did practice homework. And my mum has a friend and she got into a really good school for free just because she learned some amazing music.
Conclusion: I think you should do homework at school because you would be more prepared for High School. You would not get the blame for not getting full marks and you could go to go to a better school.
-Asha Bowditch Brown

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!