Carousel

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

All of life is just a great big carousel.
Round and round, never stopping even when a horse falls out of its place and is cast into the dark abyss surrounding it.

The carousel turns, carrying the horses, some bright and freshly painted and others fading and flaking until eventually it can no longer keep up and the sad horse slides off and is replaced by a newer shinier horse.

It constantly turns. Not caring about the countless horses that are, oh so desperately, trying to stay on track and keep in tune.

On the side-line sits a lonely horse, still so shiny and new, just staring at the dazzling carousel and the horses upon it. This poor little horse slid from its place and can now never return. It sees its family pass by but the darkness surrounding the sad horse hides it from view. It can merely see but never be seen.

The gloom conceals the horse from the beautiful carousel. The harsh carousel. The callous carousel. The carousel that never once stopped to help the horses, that never once took notice of them. The carousel that ignored that poor little horse that slid out of place much earlier than it should have

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!