Jack's Pirate Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Many moons ago when I was a wee lad I sailed the high seas on a tall ship named the Big Fellow,with my friend Pirate Pete. Pirate Pete was a tall, skinny, redhead with a kind heart. My first and last adventure with Pirate Pete began when we were sailing across the Pacific Ocean and Pirate Pete dared me that he could sail blind folded. I warned him that he could crash into icebergs but he said “shoosh”. Then we smashed into a cliff which put a big hole in the side of the ship leaving us stranded on an island.
We started walking and we hadn’t got far when Pirate Pete fell into a hole. He was looking for a ladder when he saw a map at the bottom of the hole. When Pirate Pete bent down to pick up the map he saw a tunnel. “Come down here Jack,” he said. So I jumped down and we followed the tunnel. We were going under an old castle when we saw Black Beard.
Pirate Pete said to Black Beard “Hello evil brother.”
“Hello,” Black Beard said.
Then suddenly Pirate Pete and Black Beard had a gun fight, Pirate Pete won by shooting Black Beard. We continued following the tunnel which ended at some mountains. The map told us to climb the mountains until we reached quicksand. The mountains were very rocky and hard to climb, we slipped a couple of times which slowed us down. When we got to the other side we soon found the quicksand, we had noticed a broken bridge so we fixed it using some wood. When we crossed it we found the treasure chest full of gold. Pirate Pete ran back and fixed the ship using sticky tar from a strange tree growing on the island, he sailed around the island to the treasure and we sailed home. I became rich and Pirate Pete became famous for killing black Beard.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!