Nature

I gazed into the sky and saw the sun light beaming through the thick, gray clouds. It was as if the light had cut through them like a knife and had split the clouds opening the sky. It was an amazing feeling. There was relaxation and happiness flying everywhere inside me. I lay in the long, soft grass, and enjoyed the cool honey scented breeze in such a warm day. I could also smell the refreshing aroma of mint near the flower beds.
I heard the calming sounds of leaves rattling and the birds tweeting a sweet melody. I then heard something in the grass. I stood up to see what it was but all I saw was the long grass moving. As it moved closer and closer, a gush of fear went through me. All of the sudden a black and white tail came out peaking through the grass. This is when I realized that it had just been my cat wondering around. I lay back down to stare at the clouds. My cat had slept on my arm and the sound of it purring had made me feel happier, knowing that I wasn’t the only one enjoying the weather.
After a few calming moments, I decided to go to the lake across the valley. With the sun shining brightly on the lake, from a distance it looked like someone had sprinkled glitter on top of the water. I came closer to see my reflection, but the water was so clear it was like staring into an empty glass. I put my hand inside the water and felt the warmth of it and the golden scaled fish nibbling on my fingers.
My heart was at peace after I had climbed the tallest tree and had seen the valley from above. I could see the gargantuan mountains and the vast land spreading from one side to the other. I could hear the intense noise of the waterfalls and the calm flow from the river. It was like I was in a dream. I could now tell people that I had witnessed this beautiful experience, and tell them that this is my place. This is....nature.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!