Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Falling in love is never easy. I guess that’s why it’s called ‘falling’ in love. When you fall in love, it’s almost as if you’re literally falling, head first, with your eyes closed, not knowing where you’re going to land. This is a story boy and a girl who ‘fall’ in love.
She sits on her bed staring out the window as if she’s just hoping that somehow, against all odds, he’ll appear. She knows he won’t. She knows there is absolutely no point in even thinking about it. But for some reason she likes dreaming about it and imagining how brilliant it would be if he were with her. She longs just to hold him close. All she can think about is the two of them spending all the rest of their lives together. But she doesn’t know when or if this will happen. She just wishes time would pause, so they could forget about everything and just be together. Being this far apart made it so easy to doubt though. She lies down and begins to cry. ‘I love you.’ She whispers to him, although she knows too well that he’s too far away to hear her.
He lies on his bed, snuggling in his blankets to keep warm. He is cold and lonely and homesick. He hates this unfamiliar place. He tries to sleep, so he can escape far away into his dreams, but he can’t. So he just lies there and prays he will make it through this moonless night. If only she were there, how much easier it would make things. He doesn’t even know when he’ll be coming back or if she’ll even still be waiting for him. Even though she said she’d wait for him forever he can’t see why she would. But he hopes with all his heart that she’s thinking of him as much as he’s thinking of her. ‘I love you.’ He sobs, knowing that its pointless saying this aloud because she cannot hear him.
I can hardly see the people around me; I can only see his perfect face. I can hardly hear the soft music playing; I can only hear him saying ‘I do.’ I can hardly feel the beautiful white dress on me; I can only feel his hands in mine. I can’t believe that the day has finally come. The day that was and would always be the greatest day of my life, for I was about to become the wife of him. I can hardly see the people around me; I can only see her perfect face. I can hardly hear the soft music playing; I can only hear her saying ‘I do.’ I can hardly feel the magnificent white tuxedo on me; I can only feel her hands in mine. I can’t believe that the day has finally come. The day that was and would always be the greatest day of my life, for I was about to become the husband of her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!