How The Rainbow Lorikeets Got Their Colour

Excellence Award in the 'Step Write Up 2011' competition

Back in the Dreamtime there was a little girl called Rosey. She loved going bush walking with her gurda (older brother) but she didn’t like getting icky sticky mud in here beautiful shiny long blonde hair .Her brother had dirty short brown spiky hair. There were a heap of birds there especially rainbow lorikeets.

One day Rosey and her gurda (older brother) went for a bush walk. They were nearly at the end of the path near the water hole. The water hole was so far down that they got lost. Rosey was so scared because her brother hid behind a bush and jumped out and scared her to death. “Follow me!” yelled her brother.
“Were we going?” said Rosey.
“Just follow me,” said her brother.

They went walking for hours and hours. Then Rosey saw a plain black bird. The bird flew right in front of Rosey. Then Rosey looked up and saw that her gurda was gone .Rosey didn’t know were she was .Then night time fell Rosey was so nurgulu (frightened) she was lost again. Then it began to rain Rosey curled up under a huge tree.

The next day Rosey awoke it was still raining. The plain black birds were playing in the freezing cold rain.

Rosey walked for hours and hours to find some food she found some food and headed back to her camp as the sun set was dropping.

The next morning Rosey set off for some water then sudden she heard a voice. ”What are you doing?” mumbled the rainbow lorikeets.
“Hello!” yelled Rosey
“Follow me!” yelled the rainbow lorikeets so out jumped a plain black bird and flew and to show Rosey the way. Then it started to rain like lighting bolts in the sky so after hours of rain it finally stopped and out came a rainbow and the bird went straight through the rainbow and when he came out he had millions of colours so the rainbow lorikeet took Rosey home and went and got his family and friends that is how the rainbow lorikeets got there colours.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!