Wallcrawlers: The Beginning

My eyes wide open, sweat beading down my face, I got out of my cozy warm bed and made my approach downstairs for a drink of water. I vigilantly crept down the staircase, each with a reverberating, CREAK! If there was someone else in my house then they’d sure to hear the noise. My parents were out for the night (at a reunion) and the street was deadly quiet. Home alone wasn’t so bad, but it was a bit awful, especially since the time was eleven o’clock, one hour to midnight. As I planted my hand in the fridge I didn’t notice, yellow menacing eyes scrutinizing me very carefully. A loud bang got my attention pretty quickly. I turned around; you could tell my eyes were full of fear. “Hello?” I whispered. Nothing was said back. I opened the bottle and gulped down half of it, I definitely wouldn’t sleep tonight. Probably nothing, I contemplated. I relaxed a little and retraced my steps back to the stairs, as I did I felt a slight breeze of wind across my neck. This time I didn’t look back, I took off running like a horse. Unfortunately my path in front was blocked by the ugliest creation ever. The creature had yellow threatening eyes; it had decomposed flesh and hadn’t washed in decades. It sword arced through the air and just missed me. Terrified, I raced back towards the door. It was a classic theatrical scene, I was running with “Chariots of Fire” in the background and I was actually making it. I was going to get away from the ghastly creature! Yeah right. I was pulled back almost immediately and flipped back over so that I could look into it’s eyes as it sealed my doom. I knew this was the last thing I would see. And it was really horrible too, seeing such an ugly creature like that before my death! If you told me that before, I’d be laughing at you, not to make fun but to say, “yeah, right. And you’ll die looking at the tooth fairy”. I mean, things like this don’t occur so often. I recalled that I still had half a bottle of freezing cold water. Figuring I would give it my last shot, I took out the bottle, opened it and splashed it all over the creature’s face. The creature screamed and pulled back. I kicked it in where I thought the solar plexus would be. I got up and went to the lounge, it was my only hope of defeating the monster. I took some electrical wires from behind the television set and waited for the monster to come through the door. Not long after, it came through and I threw the wires, aiming at the face. Lets just say after that mum and dad would have a tough time cleaning up the floorboards. I heard a car pull up in the garage. I opened the door that led there, only to find horror…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!