I Float Above The Roses, Above The Clouds And Above Molly

Hollow with grievance and despair hidden amongst a gathering, an iceberg tear melts whilst evaporating on burning cheeks. Only small droplets are absorbed amongst the fleece so soft it could be mistaken for fur. Deserted and lonely this funeral is like no other; the cracked brittle earth crumbles beneath the dull rustic boots as the delicate pastel coffin leaves the cradled arms and is layed to rest.
Leaves tremble about in the breeze whilst rose petals gracefully spread across the contrasting pink box matching the colors on an artist's palette.
Reverend John - Paul says his last prayer, "Thank-you for all the joy and happiness Molly has brought into our lives. "A special child that will lie in our heart forever, Amen". Whilst Hallelujah played in the background and the service became quiet, only a distant bird called out in sorrow. The baby pink treasure calmly drifted beneath the apple green grass as two white doves with small pink collars engraved with her name disappeared beyond the trees. Empty hearts and open minds the relatives stood statue on a stage to shocked of the conspicuous ordeal they yet had to overcome, a memory that no one could erase.
Anaemic pale skin delicate like the petal of an award winning rose. Clear with perfection something that others would envy. Lips cherry red with trepidation, horror spread across her face not knowing if she should cry out in rage or collapse in agony. Molly a child so extravagant and bright like a rainbow revealing its intriguing beauty after a stormy day. Traumatic life changing terror grasps her heart as she cautiously hold what she has left of her little girl a small yellow teddy named George. One of her most loved friends, George was her very favorite comfort buddy who she could not part with until now.
As beautiful as a swan-lake ballerina whose eyes dazzled amongst the night sky, naturally mixing with millions of twinkling lights. "Mummy" she would call with compassion in her soft petite voice "Just another one Mummy please", but how could you not just read another with that beauty that smiles in wonder as she waits for my decision. Laughter more cheerful than sunlight finally turns tired and she closes her eyes and soothingly responds "I love you mummy". With that i lean toward her and kiss her forehead and say " I love you too". Golden blonde curls fall angelically as she sleeps silently amongst her glistening quilt, covered in picturesque places from Shirley Barbers book The Fairies.
Reverend John-Paul puts his arm over my shoulder and he silently whispers "she's in gods care now", "she'll be ok".
Now on lonliness I dream about floating above the roses and above the clouds so I can be with my Molly again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!