A Busy Morning

A BUSY MORNING


“Wake up Jamie”
Jamie is a typical teenager that loves to sleep, but unfortunately for Jamie, she has to wake up early to catch her bus.

“Jamie wake up now or you’ll miss your bus!” calls her mum.
Jamie refuses and goes back to sleep. Her mum was busy with her jam making in a large shed at the back, and she forgets about Jamie so that she can finish making jam for the next order. She gets the jam order finished. Jamie’s mum, Christine, goes in side for a little morning tea snack and released Jamie had disobeyed her and has not only missed the bus, but she is 2 hours late for school! Christine is so infuriated; she throws a whole bucket of cold water on top of Jamie’s face to wake her typical, sleeping, drama queen, teenager up.

Jamie is in so much shock that she shakes and screams. She has hot shower to get warm again. Christine decides to call a taxi to get her daughter to school.

“Hurry up, get ready. A cab is coming to collect you and take you to school.” Christine demands.
Jamie gets ready, and puts her clothes on, waiting patiently at the front. Her mum gives Jamie some money for the taxi and demands that Jamie works hard for this money to pay her back to teach her a lesson for this laziness and childish behavior.

A yellow ordinary taxi pulls up in the drive way. Jamie collects her belongings and hops in. The driver is an old, wrinkly smelling man with a black long jacket
“Where to?” he asks.
In response Jamie says, “Rovevin high school please”.
The driver, Ed, heads off to the designation and goes on Haaiway highway. They are slowed down by a large truck in front of them full of a pile of long thin logs that are made into thin building planks.

While going up the large curvy hill, the ropes loosen that hold the logs together which happen to course the logs to fall out onto the road. One large log has fallen out of the truck and on to the road rolling down the hill and hits and blocks the road! The yellow cab has just stopped because of the blockage from the log.

Ed decides to push his foot down on the accelerator trying to drive over the log. His action causes the car to completely flip, and he and Jamie hit their head on top of the roof which is now on the ground.

Ed is suffering from mild concussion. Jamie decides to grab Ed and run with him on her back to safety. They run on the road and come to the path as they watch as a car crashes into the other car and both cars explode from petrol leakage.

Jamie ends up missing school for the day and both Jamie and Ed call the ambulance. Jamie is grounded for a full month for this laziness behavior.

499 words
Tegan Horniblow 8 white

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!