Same Old Day

It was never going to be an ordinary day for Charlotte at her school.
There were flying teachers on old rustic broomsticks with teased hair tied up in the shape of an elephant. Instead of chairs and tables like a normal school they had to sit on a pile of books stacked up. The only good at her school Charlotte thought was the soft, cushiony, feathery, comfy, pink, pillows that they got to sit on so there bums don’t get sore sitting on the books. For tables they had to lean on a MASSIVE pile of coloured paper. The teachers liked it this way because the spine of the books and all the coloured paper made the classroom all colourful. Instead of a normal school bus dropping them off at home they had a rainbow train that flew through the clouds really fast doing ballet dancing.
It was Wednesday morning so they had library today. The book they were reading in library was the Magic Faraway Tree; their teacher was called Mrs Blue Bucket. Mrs Blue Bucket read the Magic Faraway Tree out loud to the class. “Saucepan man peered down, laughing. “No earthquake and no mountains!” he said. “Just an ordinary giant coming along whose footsteps shake the ground” Mrs Blue Bucket went on, but instead of actually reading the book she was flying around the library actually singing the story not reading it. Charlotte lost interest because she’d seen it so many times.
Back at the classroom Charlotte and her class found a new girl in their classroom. Their teacher Mrs Green Gate said “Charlotte can you please look after this young and beautiful girl, why don’t you go show her around this weird and wonderful school” Mrs Blue Bucket sounded very enthusiastic. Her name is Maddy, now go show her around!” The teacher explained how Maddy is just here for a day seeing the school.
Charlotte showed Maddy their dragon fighting arena where the dragons get to play. Charlotte explained how the teachers felt sorry for the dragons and let them play instead. She also showed her their rainbow train and their library which looked like a coconut smothered in green slime.
About to show Maddy their secret trap door, Charlotte spoke. “This is our secret trap door, last time we got to go through, we ended up in lollipop land, there were giant rainbow and swirl lollipops sticking out of the ground, there were also chocolate caves and rivers. The grass was mint, the apples on the trees were toffee apples and the flowers were really thin white chocolate. It was awesome.”
“Wow that does sound awesome. I wish I could have been there” Maddy sounded disappointed. Charlotte said excitedly, “Do you want to go in RIGHT NOW, I wonder what land we end up in this time
“Airight, as long as my mum doesn’t find out!” Maddy said.
As they jumped down they were wondering
What will be down there today???

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!