Magic Ending

I heard her long before I saw her. I could hear her laugh the sound of glee. My father and I had just had a large arguement but I lost like always. That happens when your father is the king. After that I just wanted to be alone so I walked into the forest.

I walked towards the river there she was under the bridge a girl maybe a year younger than me, laughing. She had long, golden curly hair down past her waist and was wearing a pain servant dress. It wasn’t her beauty that caught my attention it was the floating white lights above her head, she was a witch.
I walked closer, breaking a stick the young girl turned around seeing me. Fear filled her face and she ran. I grabbed her arm stopping her from getting away.
“Calm down I’m not going to hurt you”

I felt sorry for her she was terrified. My father said witches were vicious, cruel, only wanting power and would do anything to get it. She seemed nothing like that.
“Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone” I whispered
“Why are you helping me?” she asked in a quiet voice
“I don’t know maybe because you put a spell on me” she giggled
“Thank you my lord” she said bowing
“No thanks needed Olivia” she looked up at me in surprise
“You know my name?”
“Of course you have been working in the castle for years, and I would never forget that pretty face.” She blushed slightly.

All we did was talk under the bridge, this became a regular thing. Every afternoon I would sneak away and we would meet under the bridge. Everything went fine till my father advisor Victor noticed my disappearances. I walked through the forest to meet Olivia, we talked and laughed I didn’t even notice Victor watching us; I didn’t even hear him gasp when Olivia kissed me.

Guards came and arrested Olivia when we returned
“Please let me go, please I didn’t do anything” she screamed
“What are you doing release her” I yelled
“Sorry prince Cedric direct orders from the king. She is to be burned at the stake tomorrow morning” I ran to my father and begged him to reconsider, he wouldn’t, that’s when I found out Victor was spying on us.

That night when everyone in the castle had gone to sleep, I grabbed all my belongings and snuck down to the dungeon grabbing the keys. I raced down to the cell and unlocked the large wooden door. I watched her head spring up from her knees when I walked in, her eyes stained with tear. A large smile appeared on her face as I walked in holding out my hand. She took it and we began to run through the castle halls. I jumped on my horse Olivia gripping my waist and we road off to our unsure future but as long as I was with her it didn’t matter.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!