Dance Till You Drop

Name: Georgia Weir
Age: 14
Address: 3 Carrington Close Werribee 3030
Year Level: 8
School: CLONARD COLLEGE


DANCE TILL YOU DROP!

There once was a girl called Georgia, who was 14 years old. She always wanted to dance because she felt that she needed to express her emotions by playing music and dancing. She asked her parents if she could go to dance classes but they said no, so Georgia had to find a way to go. So she went outside to think and then blowing in the wind across the front lawn there was a pink flyer. Georgia went to pick it up and in capital letters the flyer said: “COME TO THE AMAZING STUDIO 1 DANCE SCHOOL!! WE TEACH TAP, BALLET, FUNK, POP AND JAZZ. SO JOIN TODAY!! CALL NOW.”

Georgia was amazed and she desperately wanted to go, so she went for a walk around the neighbourhood and found a phone booth and did something that would get her into deep trouble. She attended classes with out her parents knowing but she wanted to surprise them with how good she dances. She was using her pocket money. She chose to do all the dance styles. So every Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday she would dance from 1:30pm till 2:30pm. She danced and danced even her room was covered in posters of famous dancers.

A few months went by and Georgia told her parents that she was dancing and they were furious, but they learned to live with it. She got a scholarship for a dance academy at the age of 15. Georgia cried and cried because she was so happy; her parents supported her all the way.
Georgia then became a famous dancer; she danced with the famous Royal Australian Ballet Company.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!