Near Escape

There I was, running for my life. Arrows being fired at me. My name is Jakato; I am a 13 year old ninja in training. I was being chased by 6 samurai who were out to kill me because I was in their land searching for food. The year is 1620 in Japan. “Only 500 meters to our hide-out”, I said to myself. The samurai were very close now, falling would result in death. They took out their katanas and were slashing the air. I took out my own katana just in case. 200 meters now. I screamed out for help. Then the unexpected happened. I’ve walked this area a million times, known e very bit of land, every rock. But some rock must have found its way in here. One second I was running my heart out next I was on the ground, my face in dust. I’d tripped. I spun around as fast as I could. Straight away a katana went flying at me. I very luckily blocked it with my katana. I was on the floor fighting for my fife. Out of nowhere, a kick came into my ribs. I rolled over in agony. But I still had to fight, if I wanted to five. Luck was on my side today because the Grandmaster came out with a group of ninjas to save me. The samurai ran away knowing that they wouldn’t stand a chance fighting that many ninjas. When we got back to the hide-out, the Grandmaster checked me and told me I had two cracked ribs. He told me I would have to rest and stay safe to heal. Even though I didn’t die at the hands of the samurai, I still felt defeated; being a ninja is what I live for.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!