Fame Or Friendship

Hi, my name is Destiny Hope and now that I became famous I lost my one and only best friend. Wondering what I’m talking about? I’ll explain then. It all started on the day that Principal Brandy Wine announced the song writers wanted competition. There was a heap of people entering and I decided to enter. I knew that Noah would be my inspiration. Noah? We have been best friends since….well, forever. So off to work I went. After one month all the people participating in the competition was called into the assembly hall. They were of course, announcing the winner. I was so shocked when I found out that I was the winner that I almost fainted. The best part of it (well at first) was that the winner gets to sell their own song with a bunch of other songs. But then I became a rich famous snob because I became rich and famous. I also forgot my best friend Noah. At first I didn’t realise that I had lost Noah because I was to busy showing off and hanging out with other celebrities. After awhile it was so clear. Even though I was famous I couldn’t be bothered to just get home schooled so I just kept going to school, but I left no time for Noah. You may be thinking what was I thinking and I can tell you I have no idea what I was thinking back then. I have realised my wrong doings and I don’t want to go back. So I went up to Noah and said” Look I know what I did was wrong and I realise I never should of done it so can you forgive me?” but she said no. I must have hurt her really badly that time. Then I really thought about fame and realised that fame has a price and for me it is my best friend. So I went straight up to my manager and said “I don’t want to be famous anymore it is too hard, I am so lonely now that I don’t have friends! So what I’m trying to say is that I quit, sorry”. Luckily he knew exactly what I was talking about and said that when he first became famous that he was like me, but the time he realised that he wasn’t happy it was too late, he was in to deep. Later the next day I knew I would need to apologise. So later the next day she tried apologising to Noah but she it wasn’t enough and asked her why I am apologising to her when I have celebrities I can hang out with, so I explained to her how I felt so lonely so I quit. When Noah heard this all she could say was “thank you!”. After that everything went back to normal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!