A Boy's Best Friend

Don't you think having a pet is the best thing ever? I think it is! I love having a pet! My pet's name is Edward. They're always loyal to you, and they also serve as a best friend! Unfortunately, I don't have very many friends at school. Some kids think I'm weird, and some kids think my pet is scary. I mean, sure, he's pretty big, but he's playful and nice! I'm allowed to bring him to school, too. The teachers don't mind that he comes in to class with me. He just stays in the corner and plays around with my books and stuff. Sometimes he makes me laugh, and he gets me in trouble. But that's okay. He doesn't mean to get me in trouble! He only wants to play. When we do get a chance to play, out in the playground, he protects me from all the bullies. They come up to us and make fun of me, but then Edward protects me! I give him a big hug afterwards when he does that. He even hugs me back! I taught him how to hug people. He's really smart! He wasn't that smart when we found him, though. He was in a small box on the side of the road when we found him. I asked my parents if we could take him home, and we did! Edward was really small when we found him, too. But now he's grown nice and big! He takes up half of my bed! My bed is nice and big, though, so that's okay. He doesn't like sleeping outside. Edward says it's dark and scary out there. Oh, yeah! We talk to each other all the time. I guess it's just a special thing that we can do. I don't know if anybody else is able to talk to their pet... It's really cool how we do it! When I ask my parents if they can understand Edward, they always say he just makes loud noises. I find it kind of funny, to be honest! Edward eats really cool stuff, too! He eats a lot of bugs, which makes me laugh a lot. My parents think it's weird, and it makes them sick sometimes. It doesn't make me sick, though.

Edward is a really nice pet. I think having a pet spider is really awesome!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!